The Adventures of Gimpy Girl

A journal of the trials and triumphs of another trip to unexplored territory.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

diner delights and dolls

Donald's friend Rumi came to visit yesterday and we went to lunch at a funny little curry diner. It reminded me of a kind of Japanese Waffle House (if you've been to the south you'll know what I mean).

diner.JPG

diner2.JPG
Yummm

Afterwards we walked to a doll gallery. There were some really cool dolls in there. Before we left we asked if we could take a picture and the gallery keeper excitedly pulled out some of the very valuable children's dolls I could pose with. Some really interesting dolls were in the back of gallery. I wish I could show you those but I was too shy to take my camera inside.

dolls.JPG

Later Rumi and I went to a shinto shrine, the Goryo shrine,that is right around the corner from Donald's apartment.
We had fun there.

gates.JPG
These gates are a minurature replication of the original which consisted of hundreds according to Rumi).

rumi.JPG

Wyndee
ウェンディー

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home