The Adventures of Gimpy Girl

A journal of the trials and triumphs of another trip to unexplored territory.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Yangzte River, Day 4 ShiBaoZhai!

Early today we went up to the top deck to a spectacular view of the famous Red Pagoda. Too bad I left my camera in the cabin! After breakfast we set out to see this amazing place. It was a huge climb up a hill so I took the easy chair... otherwise known as the sedan chair! After a session of haggling I was carried out of the ship, through the marketplace and eventually with more haggling up to the base of the pagada.
Yangtze River
Yangtze River
Yangtze River
Yangtze River
The point of negotiation to get all the way to the top!
Yangtze River
A view of our boat from above
Yangtze River
No, that's not me waving. I couldn't talk them into taking me up this far.
Yangtze River
The resting place at the base of the Pagoda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home